Thursday 3 January 2013

2013



So as we say goodbye to 2012, it's time to say hello to 2013! I do love New Year's, the clean slate, the chance for a fresh start - it always gets me excited for the 12 months ahead. I feel this year is going to be a particularly good one, for one thing 13 has always been a lucky number in my family...


Resolutions

I always make resolutions (see 2012, 2011 and 2010) and this year I am more determined than ever to make things happen. At the end of 2012 I got myself a full-time writing job after years of trying, so now I am free to focus on other areas of my life.


Learn to drive
Yes, I am a 26 year old non-driver. It is time to change this, I owe people a LOT of lifts.

Get healthy
I have been feeling very unhealthy lately and it is starting to show, I've put on weight and my skin is breaking out. Time to look after myself. I will be getting back into Yoga, exercising more in general and will attempt to curb my serious chocolate addiction.

Cook more
I love food, but hate the cooking process. Alas, as much as I wish I could have my own personal chef living with me - it ain't gonna happen. Therefore, this WILL be the year I cook more for myself and for others.

Look after my finances
I want to buy a car this year. I want to move out of my family home this year. I cannot do these things if I continue to spend all my money on meals out, drinks and cinema trips! Time to cut the spending.


Looking back at previous lists, I have not achieved every resolution I've set myself, but I'm hoping this will be the year this changes. If not? Well, there's always 2014 ;)

What are your New Year's resolutions?

4 comments:

ʞɐ said...

Good Luck with the resolutions.

I have never succeeded in following my resolution list. So, this time I made exactly the opposite of I want to do. At least then, by the time this year ends I could Strike off something. :P

And as far as I know, there is no alternative for Chocolate Addiction. I tried. I ended up buying more. :D

Anyway, Have a Great Year ahead.
Take Care. :)

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

good luck :) I don't set myself any, I have some goals but I don't think of them as New Year's resolutions. I can't drive either at 26!! xx

Maria Fallon said...

Good luck with these, I need to organise my finances better too, definitely on my to do list!

Maria xxx

Jade said...

I am also a non driver... my younger brother has been on the road for four years. Gulp. Time I got a move on with this too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...